Friday, December 10, 2010

What a drag it is, getting old........

Last night while watching The Daily Show, Jon Stewarts guest was an actress named Michelle Williams. Seems that this adorable waif is what, im guessing ,  an accomplished actress, and is apparantly an "It" girl. After staring at her sweet face for a few minutes, and commenting on how cute her haircut was, Gerard muted the sound, looked at me and said, "Who the fuck IS she?" In that moment, I believe i experienced  what humans have been doing for ages... I realized i am now ,officially, out of the loop. I make jokes about living in the 70's and liking it there, but, really, Im pretty hip to the jive, yo. Frig, I subscribe to Rolling Stone, not much that gets by me.  It was actually a  mental 'snap', to be faced with this. I see this person, who obviously is famous enough to be his guest, and all i can say is , "Um, I think she was married to, um, you know the kid who died, um, the Joker dude..."  It seems the only way i can even identify new actors these days is if they are starring in a biography about rock n' roll. I mean, I found out who the hell Kristen Stuart was just cuz she played Joan Jett.(and I wasnt impressed) Ya see where Im going here? Its not like i really even feel im missing anything, it just feels like the world has moved on. So now what happens? Do i take my place, as others have, and admit that it all doesnt belong to me anymore? How can it possibly be that time already? Is this the part where I start my decent? Is this the time to aknowledge the Crone, ever so lightly, tapping at my consciousness? Or to hear the the screams coming from the darkness of the half century mark,snapping close, closer, at my heels??? If they want me, they're gonna have to try alot harder. Cuz i blew my eardrums out at AC/DC, and i cant hear a fucking thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1) after reading this I gather it is a good thing a realized a short time ago that the world has absolutely no need for me 2) helluva closing line! For those about to rock...!