Saturday, December 11, 2010

Baby sister, I was born game.......

Dang. I LOVES me a good ol' western. Always have. and I really could'nt tell you what the big whoop is. i mean, I'm not a big fan of killing the natives, horses scare the shit outta me, and unless im the one doing the shooting, gunfights dont really send me. But you slap a leather vest and ten-gallon on John Wayne, crank up a sweeping sountrack and just HINT that there is some dirty dealin' going on in Dodge, and brother, you own me. So, the other day when I was watching t.v. and I saw....wait, I gotta get my breath.... the trailor for the remake of "True Grit"... well, lets just say a change of drawers was in order. TRUE GRIT!!!! Sweet creepin' Jesus! One of my favorite movies of all time, actually starring men that i would pay money to see?!!!!!!! Well, Merry Christmas to me, cuz I got all I need. I think this movie made such an impression on me because it had such a strong female character. One that I felt was really respected by the hero. And maybe cuz, John Wayne friggin' rocked. Anyways, so began my love for my westerns, which most people couldnt really grasp. The Serchers, The Sons of Katie Elder,The Cowboys, The Shootist, damn... and dont even THINK of speaking to me when Im watching Rio Bravo. And yes. I can sing every word to "My Rifle, My Pony, and Me".  Give me a weekend with nothing to do but catch a buzz and watch Clint Eastwood, that poncho draped over his shoulder, hat slung low, cigarillo burning at his strong, hard mouth....Shit man, empty your pistoles, Pale Rider, ill be right here when you re-load. So, needless to say, Im more than a bit happy to see that the good folks at Where Movies Are Made are doing somthing for me for a change. Actually remaking a classic with the finest actors I could think of for the parts. I mean, Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn.... fucking stellar. You all know where im gonna be on Dec. 22.  See ya there, podner.

3 comments:

Mollenhauer Guitars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mollenhauer Guitars said...

Wow, big mama, you are so right-on. You are my favorite blogger. In fact One might say you are the One!!!

Gma Linda said...

Big Mama, you really missed your calling!! I swear you need to be writing Books! (it's not to late) So descriptive, so entertaining, I love your posts! ♥♥♥