Thursday, December 9, 2010

Everything Ive ever needed to know, I learned from Oingo Boingo

Socrates. Nietzsche. Alfred E Nueman.  Great thinkers all. But for me, its Danny Elfman.  That man is a philosofical one stop shop. Dont hurt that his wisdom is hooked up with best musical compositions that I have pretty much determined, will be the soundtracks of my eternity. I mean, ill be in my hospital bed, wont know my own name, but i guaran-fuckin-tee ill be humming "Cinderella Undercover.  Got Questions? he's got the answers. Your day got ya down?? "Just Another Day" is for you. Need a modern-day telling of The Prodigal Son? click on "Home Again". Fear of the afterlife? "Dead Man's Party"! Your mortality keeping ya up at night?  Take "We Close our Eyes" and call me in the morning. Truth about our stinking society?? "NO Spill Blood" and "Only a Lad". Nuff said there, no??  Has you paranoia been getting in the way of even the most menial of tasks? "Nothing To Fear". Better than fucking Lithium!!!! That 1st dance for your wedding? "Not My Slave". Screw that "Sea of Love" shit.  Do you still doubt this man is a genius? Jam "Elevator Man''.   Then tell me you dont see Obama in your periferal vision.  Dont swallow that barrel of your .45 till you at least play "Only Makes Me Laugh" at least twice. See!!!!! Cant do it!!!!!! Ahhhh, magic, I tells ya.

No comments: